Amazing Holy Spirit
Nothing comes...staring at a blank word document
waiting for something of a week's worth of pondering to come out
looking for stolen ideas, glimpses of meaning, tastes of fruit.
NOTHING COMES.
And then...forcing words to be typed...All of a sudden
the order is clear
the points are made
the words rattle out on the click-ety clack of a keyboard.
Amazing Holy Spirit.
I get to go on vacation tomorrow. :) the sermon is written... the clothes are waiting to be laundered...the bags are empty but will be packed...the car...I should check the oil! I don't want to go, not because I don't want to go but because I don't want to go through the work. But I can...now that my sermon is done. I can go. :) Okay...to bed, to preach, to drive, to vacate!
waiting for something of a week's worth of pondering to come out
looking for stolen ideas, glimpses of meaning, tastes of fruit.
NOTHING COMES.
And then...forcing words to be typed...All of a sudden
the order is clear
the points are made
the words rattle out on the click-ety clack of a keyboard.
Amazing Holy Spirit.
I get to go on vacation tomorrow. :) the sermon is written... the clothes are waiting to be laundered...the bags are empty but will be packed...the car...I should check the oil! I don't want to go, not because I don't want to go but because I don't want to go through the work. But I can...now that my sermon is done. I can go. :) Okay...to bed, to preach, to drive, to vacate!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home