
"God has time to set up a 30 year joke!" -- I saw that quote and laughed like crazy. It is official... (has been for a while now) I'm THIRTY! I'm very happy about this. To mark this occasion, I bought a ring...it is a wooden ring made with 3 kinds of wood to represent the 3 decades of my life. The layers (top to bottom) are Almond Wood, Bloodwood, and Kingswood. I kind of picked them out because I liked them, and could make it into a very biblical reminder. Almond wood is the wood that Moses' staff was made from and it listed a few times in the bible. This is the "Old Testament" ... Bloodwood reminds me of Christ's death on the cross -- the "New Testament" and God is always our sovereign and is always with us -- hence the Kingswood. Um, oh yeah, I really just liked the colors ;)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home